We collect certain personal information from you for the purposes of:
- Providing you with the relevant product or service
- Managing and administering the product or service
- Protecting against fraud
Your Personal Information
Detailed below is some of the information we may hold on you:
Name, address, telephone number(s), Date of birth, Email address, Occupation and job title.
We do not store any credit card information.
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
directly from you, by telephone, a data collection form; via an email or the internet.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Primarily, your personal information is used in order to:
- Meet particular legislative and regulatory requirements;
- To assist in providing services to you;
- To assist with any calls you make to us;
- To communicate relevant information to you;
- For our product development, marketing, planning, administration and credit control procedures.
From time to time, we may provide you with direct marketing material. This will include emails, articles and newsletters that may be of interest to you. If, at any time, you do not wish to receive this information any further, you may contact us with this request.
When We Disclose Your Personal Information
In line with modern business practices common to many institutions and to meet your specific needs we may disclose your personal information to statutory authorities and to parties outside of our group of companies. The organisations to which we disclose information may include:
- other product providers in order to manage or administer your product or service;
- compliance consultants to ensure that we, and our representatives are, meeting our compliance standards;
- our group companies and associates;
- information technology service providers to maintain, review and develop our business systems, procedures and infrastructure including testing or upgrading our computer systems;
- a potential purchaser/organisation involved in the proposed sale of our business for the purpose of due diligence, corporate re-organisation and transfer or all or part of the assets of our business.
- a new owner of our business that will require the transfer of your personal information.
Our employees and the outsourcing companies/contractors are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
We take our obligations to protect your information seriously, this includes when we operate globally, as part of our operations some uses and disclosures of your information may occur outside your State or Territory.
How We Store and Secure Your Personal Information
Your personal information may be held on our computer database. All computer-based information is protected through the use of access passwords. Data is backed up regularly and stored securely off site. Your client file is accessible to authorised personnel only and are appropriately secured out of hours. Other measures taken are:
- Confidentiality requirements for our employees
- Security measures for systems access
- Providing a discreet environment for confidential discussions
Personal information will be treated as confidential information and sensitive information will be treated highly confidential. It is a legislative requirement that we keep all personal information and records for a period of 10 years. Should you cease to be a client of ours, we will maintain your personal information on or off site in a secure manner for 10 years. After this, the information may be destroyed.
Ensure Your Personal Information Is Correct
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to- date. To ensure we can maintain this level of accuracy and completeness, we recommend that you:
- inform us of any errors in your personal information as soon as possible; and
- update us with any changes to your personal information as soon as possible.
Access to Your Personal Information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to certain exceptions allowed by law. We ask that you provide your request for access in writing (for security reasons) and we will provide you with access to that personal information. Access to the requested personal information may include:
- providing you with copies;
- providing you with a summary.
- If charges are applicable in providing access to you, we will disclose these charges to you prior to providing you with the information.
Should we refuse you access to your personal information, we will provide you with a written explanation for that refusal.
You may register with us to receive newsletters and other information. By doing so, your name and email address will be collected and stored on our database.
We take care to ensure that the personal information you give us on our website is protected. For example, our website has electronic security systems in place, including the use of firewalls and data encryption.
If you do not wish to receive any further information from us, or you wish to update your registration details, please email your request to us.
Contact Details Email: email@example.com